- 1 yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
- 3 carrots, sliced into coins
- 3 celery stalks, sliced crosswise
- 2 cups butternut squash cubes (or peeled potato)
- 26 oz. diced tomatoes with juices
- 1 (32 oz.) box vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- dash red pepper flakes
- ½ cup pesto
- 5 oz. baby spinach
- 2 cups cooked small pasta
- 2 (15 oz.) cans cannellini beans, drained
- Place the onion, garlic, carrots, celery, butternut squash, tomatoes, vegetable broth, thyme, bay leaf, salt and red pepper into the slow cooker. Set to low for 8 hours.
- When the vegetables are tender and you’re just about ready to eat, stir in the pesto, spinach, pasta, and beans. Cover and cook on high until spinach has wilted. Season to taste with salt and pepper if necessary.
Yield: serves about 6-8
Prep Time: 10 mins. Cook time: 8 hrs. 00 mins.
Total time: 8 hrs. 10 mins.
Tags: soup, stew, Italian, vegan, vegetarian, healthy
Yummy Mummy Kitchen